St Teresa Volleyball Games
St Teresa Volleyball Games
- Gym will open 20 minutes prior to first match. For each subsequent match teams should arrive no earlier than 15 minutes prior to game time.
- All who enter gym must be checked in, wear a mask and use hand sanitizer.
- Each team member will be allowed 1 fan each. Home team fans will enter gym through doors nearest the Parish Center. Visiting team fans will enter through doors nearest Koerner Street. Bleachers will be marked for where each fan will sit.
- Players should arrive dressed and ready to warm up. Locker rooms will not be available.
- Players should bring their own water bottle. Water fountains are unavailable. Concessions will not be sold.
- Players will use hand sanitizer before entering the bench areas. Locker rooms will not be available for use.
- Teams will not switch benches per SIJHSAA rules. Home team will sit in front of kitchen area. Visiting team will sit in front of Athletic Office area.
- There will be no pre-game conference between officials, coaches and captains. The visiting team will serve first in the 1st set. The home team will serve first in the 2nd set. If a 3rd set required the referee will call coaches for a coin flip at acceptable social distance.
- Teams will warm up on court separately for 5 minutes each. No sharing of court or volleyballs.
- Game balls will be rotated out after every 8 serves so they can be cleaned.
- Matches will last 45 minutes or best 2 out of 3 sets. Whichever happens first. The last match of the evening will play to a final score. No time limit.
- After a match is finished we ask fans to leave as soon as possible and wait for their child in parking lot so we can sanitize the bleachers before allowing next group of fans entrance. Coaches please disperse your team in a quick manner as well so benches can be sanitized prior to next teams using them.
Volleyball Practice Health and Safety Guidelines Jan 2021
- Stagger start times—at least 15 minutes between practices to allow one team to clear gym before next team enters gym.
- No more than 25 people in the gym at any given time.
- Player attendance for each practice must be tracked and left in the coaches’ office and kept for 60 days; sheets may be requested by school office/nurse for contact tracing as indicated.
- Use gym doors only for entry/exit.
- No parents or siblings in gym—coaches and players only
- Students who used MiineHealth app in the morning and were cleared for the day are cleared for practice, if not cleared in the morning, then not cleared for practice; show coach “green screen” for entry. App needs to be used on Saturdays as well if practice is occurring.
- Remote learners who are attending practice need to be cleared in the MiineHealth app to attend practice; show coach “green screen” for entry. App needs to be used on Saturdays as well if practice is occurring.
- Stay home if any COVID symptoms or any close contact per CDC guidance; coaches are encouraged to not penalize players who miss practice for these reasons
- Face coverings are required for the duration of practice.
- When not actively participating in a drill or scrimmage, students are expected to socially distance (6 feet or more apart) on the bleachers. Markings will be provided on the bleachers.
- Bleachers and high-touch surfaces including bathrooms will be sprayed after each practice.
- Locker rooms will not be used; only bathrooms by the gym will be used.
- Each student will bring their own water bottle, no sharing water bottles and no use of water fountains.
- At least 2 hand sanitizing stations will be available.
- No sharing of towels or other equipment besides basketballs; unless students get their own reversible practice jersey to use for the season and launder themselves, no shared practice jerseys allowed
- Students will only be allowed in the gym and the bathrooms, NO EXCEPTIONS.
- Volleyballs will be wiped down after each practice.
- If a player tests positive or exhibits symptoms strongly consistent with COVID-19, then the AD’s and school office will perform contact tracing and contact the County Health Department for further guidance. Direction from the County Health Department regarding quarantine, isolation, notification, and continuation of athletic activity is final.